The Budget Office is a division of the Financial Services Department responsible for developing and publishing the city's annual operating and capital budgets. The Budget Office also analyzes revenue and expenditures trends throughout the year and assists with special projects assigned by city management.
The city operates an annual budget with the fiscal year beginning on October 1 and ending on September 30. The City Manager is responsible for proposing an annual operating budget to City Council at least 30 days prior to the adoption of the tax rate. The budget, tax rate, and certified tax roll are adopted each year by City Council. Residents and business owners are encouraged to provide comments and feedback related to the budget, tax rate, and charges for services throughout the annual budget process.
The EZ Budget is an interactive tool to help residents visualize the city’s annual operating budget and better understand how tax dollars are spent. Irving strives to be transparent in how the city invests resources to help make Irving a great place to live, work, and play. The interactive EZ Budget may be accessed here. View tutorial video.
- FY 2015-16 Adopted Budget
- Funding Our Future 2030 - Working Draft
- FY 2015-16 Adopted Budget Appropriation Schedule
- FY 2015-16 City Manager's Budget Message
- FY 2015-16 City Manager Proposed Budget Detail (Not Adopted)
- FY 2015-16 Budget Retreat Supplemental Materials
- Notice of Public Hearing on Budget FY 2015-16
- Notice of Public Hearing on Tax Rate FY 2015-16